Thursday, February 28, 2008

Letters I Want To Write AND Send At This Moment

Dear Chairman of Volunteer Committee,

I know you are smart. I have heard what your IQ is. I have seen firsthand your Type A (times infinity) personality. While you are excellent at reading and comprehending volumes upon volumes of material on the subject and keep current with every single solitary new item that arises on this topic, as well as everything else ....

Tonight, before our meeting, when you were showing articles to a key press person and asking her if she had read them yet (they came out today) and I made the joke about how I just read an entire book to those sitting around me, (there was some giggling)

And you stopped mid-sentence to look me in the eye and state how you just finished reading a Janet Ivonovich book (you know because it's mindless and trashy) ...

I decided ... I quit.

But I won't because by tomorrow, after I've had some much needed sleep, I will realize that my quitting will defeat my purpose. Which is to somewhere, somehow at some point in time bring up a topic (and I will do it, even if it means talking about delivering my babies without drugs) that you cannot chime in and out do me in some way.

Trust me. Sincerely, The Member Who Will Have At Least One Last Word

*****************

Dear Mr. MissManyManyMeetings,

I absolutely cannot stand the fact that you were appointed to this Volunteer Committee because you expressed your interest in getting involved, yet you have attended only 3 of the last 12 meetings we've had (and yes I do keep track).

I realize that key people are ok with this because you are some sort of engineer with an inside tract on the project we are discussing.

However, when you interrupt the conversation with remarks that are not relevant just to hear yourself speak, I want to kick your shin.

Please make more of an effort to attend regulary (and none of us care that you had bronchitis), so you are up to speed and don't cause us to loose ground while it has to be explained why your comment is not relevant.

Sheesh.

Sincerely, Mig

2 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

I love that it's Mr. Miss Many Meetings--that could have so many meanings...Mr. Miss...or maybe it's just too early for me to be intelligible...

Sassy said...

I think you should just kick her in the shin.