Thursday, February 14, 2008

Elle prend le français l'année prochaine

My oldest is going into High School next year. I am very excited for her. Last week when I asked her about her class choices she told me she couldn't even think about tomorrow's classes let alone what she was going to take next year.

Umm ok.

Today was a different story. Today she came out waving her choices of classes for next year and asked me to look at it and sign it for her.

I looked at it. Her teachers are recommending CP classes. Remember what CP means? I didn't either, for a few seconds. It's College Prep classes. I'm thrilled. She is a smart girl with a bright future.

I looked at her electives. She picked many things from computer to art classes. All numbered by preference.

My eye stopped at her choice of language. She told me how everyone and their brother (her words) were planning to take Spanish. But she was not going to do what everyone else was doing.

She will be taking French. She know's it hard and she doesn't care. She wants to be different. I had to stop myself from hugging her right on the spot.

Instead I signed the paper and told her how she made the right choice.

After all French is the language of love isn't it?

OH MY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my younger years, I often thought that if I could learn French, I'd be much more a ladies man but somehow or another, I always ended up in "shop".

Oh well....

You got a smart girl there!

Amy said...

Oui! Oui!! I took 6 years of French (four in H.S., 2 in college) and I can barely speak a word, but still, I loved it and never regret choosing it over Spanish or German. Besides, when you get the chance to go abroad, don't you want to go to Paris? OUI!!