Monday, February 25, 2008

Do My Eyebrows Look Big To You?

I've been catching glimpses of myself in reflections and what stands out? My eyebrows. I have no idea why I'm stuck on them or why they are catching my attention these days. It's not like they've changed a whole lot since I discovered a mirror. (think: same, never changing)

I didn't go through any sort of plucking phase and I've never waxed them either. They are au-naturale (ok aside from a little trim now and then, sheesh)

When I was at the hair salon a few weeks ago I inquired about waxing. The stylist assured me that I have well sculpted brows and she didn't see any need for me to go about changing them and starting a long living cycle of waxing, growing back, plucking, repeat.

I agree. But that hasn't stopped me from subconsciously checking them out, as well as checking out everyone elses to see what I'm missing.

Which, if you take the time to notice, you will find some that have skinny little lines, others are penciled in, some shapely, some uni and others? well those others have the "ideal" brow one that I swear cannot possible happen without a little trimming and waxing combined.

Why do I even care? There is nothing wrong with my eyebrows, they look fine. Hello, Type A, Mrs. Alwayssufferbycomparison.

I think it might be that I've outgrown my hairstyle (bangs with a constant ponytail) and should try growing out my bangs completely. Follow me here, covering my eyebrows completely.

Easier said than done, I know. But how then, can I loose this eyebrow obsession if not by fighting with loose hair in my face.

Yes? No?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do what I do with my hair on my head...

Shave'em all off. Less maintenance!

Sassy said...

I'm a major eyebrow worry wart. I get mine waxed every few weeks. If I didn't, I'd look like a werewolf!

Amy said...

I didn't do anything to mine until I was maybe 24. My dear friend at the time suggested maybe I try plucking them (a not-so-subtle hint) and she told me how. I've been plucking ever since. Although I am not all that regular about it, so if you catch me on an off week, you might notice I haven't been paying attention. I've never had them waxed, though. I just gave myself bangs cause I was going through a hair crisis. Here's me theory on what you're going through: when women feel like their surroundings are out of control, we cut our hair. My guess is you're fairly happy with your hair, but you're still looking to exert control (you? exert control? nah?!) over something, so you are obsessing about your brows. Or not. I mean, it's just me.