Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cleaning & The Boy Look

Today has been whirlwind of tidying up. I can let stuff "accumulate" for only so long and then I find that .... IT .... HAS ... TO ... GO!

Right now I am sitting with two stacks and two grocery bags full of papers to sort through. Pain in my butt is what it is. Some are tax related documents, some are statements that can be shredded and then there is a mix of things that need to be filed and saved.

I also cleaned two bathrooms. While it's convenient to have them both. It sucks to clean them both.

I have a buttload of work that needs to get done. But the house looks and smells good.

So there's that.

My man is working outside these days. It's cold. Very cold. He's been dressing in layers of t-shirts and a hooded sweatshirt. I saw him the other day and mentioned that there was probably some even warmer stuff in his closet.

He told me last night he looked in there but didn't find anything. Are you familiar with this? My children have it too. You tell them where something is, they go and look and can't find it. So you go and guess what? It's THERE. While my kids joke that I'm some kind of magician, the truth is unless you move some stuff it isn't going to jump out at you.

My man and I joke when he looks for something and can't find it. He'll ask if I'm sure it's there because he doesn't see it. Then I'll ask him if he wants me to come and get for him. He'll say no. Then he'll say yes. I go over to where he is, move something and WHOLA!

Presto.

Someone I know happens to call this type of thing "the boy look" and I have to laugh (not just because he is a boy) but because it is true. and funny.

Do you see where this is going? Oh good. Because I found several different extra warm sweatshirts and four hooded shirts in that same closet that held nothing that would work.

Thank goodness I have a handle on what the inventory is in the house ...

Or we might never find A -Thing!

1 comment:

jenny said...

I call it testosterone induced blindness.

Because the boys in this house? Do the same exact thing. :)