Sunday, January 13, 2008

Twenty-Five Projects I'm Working On

I was over reading at blackbirds and she had done a post of twenty-five things ... well that she doesn't like. I do realize this was last week .. but hey, I'm a little slow.

Here is my list but it's of project that I plan to work on in my spare time (Read: never at the rate I'm going).

In no particular order ~

1. Wooden Calendar. I started this project seven years ago (I wish I were kidding). I'm almost done with it. It just needs shallac.

2. Plaster Molded Christmas Figures. My mom gave me these. They came with instructions and lots of little paints to color them. I seriously doubt I'll get around to painting them, it's been three years now since I got them.

3. Quilt. This is the one I'm working on for my bed. It's squares are all cut up and ready to be pieced together and sewn. I'm hoping to get to this before summer. Heh.

4. Hemp Bracelettes. I have this great kit to make a whole bunch of these woven bracelettes. Beads too even. Just no time.

5. Scrapbooking. I do plan on someday taking all those scrap momento's I save and putting them all together in scrapbooks but I have yet to start.

6. EZ Quick Crochet. This kit will make beaded crochet items. And it's EZ. Unfortunately it doesn't come with time to do it.

7. Cross Stitch picture of a cat sleeping among books. I love this pattern, the colors the design. I do like cross stitch but have yet to start it. I also am not sure where my medium sized hoop is.

8. Punch Needle Craft. This has a butterfly and says Sweet Dreams. I bought it to make for the baby, frame and hang in her room. She might be in college by the time I get to it.

9. Paint Your Own Art. This is a beautiful dockside scene with boats in the distance. I comes with paint and shows you the colors and where to use them but isn't a paint by number. I'm afraid to do this, lest I mess it up.

10. Lettering Kit. This kit gives you the ability to do all kinds of fancy lettering. There are stencils and colored pencils to use. I have yet to even open it.

11. Puzzle w/ Embelishments. Ok, so I just bought this one (ducks head). It's a puzzle, the scene is grandma's attic and it comes with embelishments that you put on after you do the puzzle. Wha? It was only $3.

12. Friendship Bracelettes. Yes, I am TEN. I love these and out of all the craft projects I have to do, this is one I will go back to. I don't even need the instructions to do the different designs, I know most of them. They are cheap to make it look great in black.

13. Knitting, Summer Tote Pattern. So I was ambitious when I bought this do-it-yourself knitting kit. It comes with a DVD that shows you how to begin knitting. Someday. Right?

14. Knitting, Yoga Bag Pattern. Alright, clearly I have a problem and I need to admit I will never knit these things.

15. Digital Photo Frame. My plan is to steal JennyJ's idea and incorporate my parents old pictures and new family photos into this frame. I am hoping to have this done by Mother's Day.

16. Digital Photo Frame. This one is for me. Who knows when I'll add photos to it.

17. Printing Two Years Worth of Digital Pictures. All this talk of pictures reminds me that I have a date with either Snapfish or Flickr.

18. Photo Albums. See #17. The printed pictures will need homes.

19. Crate Painting. My plan is to paint five wooden crates to match the bookshelves in my library. These would hold my "must keep" magazines.

20. Shadow Box. This shadow box needs to be painted to match the decor in the Library and it will hold several sentimenal items of my man's side of th family.

21. Shadow Box. This shadow box will hold items that are sentimental to me.

22. Picture Frames. I have at least 5-10 that I want to paint in the same color and fill with the latest pictures of the kids.

23. Vintage T-Shirt Quilt. I have been collecting concert t-shirts and other sentimental t-shirts to sew together in a quilt that we will use to cover our pooltable. Or it could be made into a wall hanging.

24. Painting Bathroom Shelves. These are currently nature and need to be painted to match the trim.

25. There is no 25, yet.

You'd think that with all these projects in limbo I'd be using this valuable nap time to work on any one of them. Instead, I'm here.

Heh.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I read this whole list and a) I'm exhausted and 2) I think: You have a pool table?!?! Dang, I'm coming right over!!

Holly said...

When you're done with your list you can come work on mine ;)

Sorry I haven't been by, this semester of school started last week and things have been insane ever since! Lovin the new name!
**HUGGLES**