Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Some Spare Minutes

Here I am. 7:20 AM. Ready for my day. The baby? Is sleeping. The kids? Are sleeping. Their school has a teacher planning day today, so no school for them.

The sun is rising. I'm watching Yoga on TV. I am writing a post. I am by myself. It's really nice.

Yesterday I was a little competitive. While I'm not in your face about that kinda thing because, well, lets face it, usually I'm the one getting beat. Usually there is someone who is stronger, faster, more agile or whatnot. This competiton was different. It was typing.

And people, I am a very quick typist. Alright stop laughing. I can't help that I'm a total geek and enjoy it. It is something that is key for a secretary. It's a skill. I am skilled.

I sent this link out and had a couple people try it. Go ahead I'll wait while you look and try it yourself.

The two that tried it, one did 25 wpm and the other 50 wpm. (wpm = words per minute)

Me? I can do 100 wpm. I've earned that score. I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel to prove it. But really, it's just about being able to do something that most people can't.

Even if it hurts feelings or surprises them, when I yell things like "you suck!" Or "your lame!"

When the shoe is on the other foot? I kick with it. Look out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can type like 413,000 wpm but I chose the "hunt and peck" method instead.

I don't wanna embarrass nobody and really, men ain't supposed to type good and all, ya know?

Amy said...

K, I was recently tested (September) and I can type 72 wpm according to those nice people at the temp agency. This thing? Not so much. Now, mind you, I'm on LM's laptop and his keyboard bites, but still...

I'm just saying.

I'm a little fierce with the competitive thing, too...

Holly said...

LMAO! I have that link and go there at least once or twice a week. My kids FREAK when they see my typing there. My average is 73 wpm with 1 mistake, my best was 92 with NO mistakes and just now, well, I got a 64 with 3 mistakes....UGH! But in my defense, I'm friggin tired and stressed.