Saturday, January 26, 2008

She's a Beauty

Oh you guys are so SWEET. But I wasn't talking about me!!!! I was talking about my new baby. My new addition to the family. My DELL.

I have named her "Midnight Express". Why? Well because I can. Ok, really it's because I spent alot of late night hours surfing the net and it was appropriate.

Holly asked where I got her? It was online. I didn't got to the store. This is the Inspirion 1520 and it doesn't have Vista. It has XP. I'm not read for the worlds of Vista. Not yet.

The picture reflected the flash. But it is black. Sleek, Shiny, Lightweight and Quiet. Well worth what we spent and the number of months it will take to pay for her.



I spent the better part of today trying to prevent playdough from being stuffed in her keyboard as I attempted to get work done. (see new gray hair on head to attest to that)

Once I figure it out, I can burn CD's, Play DVD's and chat via video cam. I loaded in the usual Word and Xcel. It has a battery that works (for now) and I do get three whole hours of not being tethered. There is wireless but I can't hack into anyone's in the area. I do hear I can sit at Panera Bread and surf the net. The Library too. I have yet to try either.



Everyday I add something new to it. Today it was this wallpaper. That you can have yourself from Snoopy.com. It's free.
While I have oodles and oodles of work that I need to get done. I still find myself sitting back and just enjoying the whole package.
It's awesome!

1 comment:

Holly said...

VERY sweet! And UGH on the playdough in the keyboard...LOL! I still haven't decided what I'm going to buy or where I'm going to buy it, I just can't make up my mind...LOL! But CONGRATS! The Midnight Express is very nice!