Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day Off Ramble

If I could figure out some way that I can stay home and get paid, I'd be all over it. Sadly I'm a working girl, so days off, time home are not as frequent as I'd like them to be.

Today, my son has a doctor's appointment. Did I need the whole day off for this? I'd say no. Did I want the whole day off for this? Hell yes.

There is no one in the house today. Except me (and if we get technical, three cats and one dog). It's awesome. I can tell you that the last time I was all alone in the house was Mother's Day two years ago. My man took the kids out for a few hours and let me be by myself.

Two years ago. I kid you not. I know there are many who do get time to themselves, pretty frequently. I envy all of you, this is THE BEST.

I made myself lunch and it didn't involve making anything for anyone else or answering questions about what I was making or a baby clinging to my legs.

So have any of you seen this? Isn't it a NEAT idea? Granted I like touching pages. But as far as gadgets go? I'm totally digging it (did I just write that?) Too bad I don't have a spare $400 to try it out.

In other news, my legs are about to fall off. Well, not really. But it sure does feel that way. The boot camp instructor has changed up the routine. Therefore, all those exercises I was used to (and good at), are changed. I just about cry every time I need to squat down, so if everything would just stop falling on the floor, that'd be great. Thanks.

I was thinking this weekend I might not clean my house (SHOCKING I KNOW). I am thinking, for a change, that I'd like to work on one of my many projects, instead of obessing about hair on the bathroom floor and the mysterious splatter on the kitchen wall.

This might require mind altering drugs to achieve. (or a maid) We shall see.

After two nights of evening work, this week. I am depressed to have yet another evening out. I know I signed up for this but the controversial voluntary committee that I am on, may be sucking the ever living life out of me. What I find strange is I go into it feeling like jabbing my eyes out and I leave SO GLAD TO BE IN THE KNOW.

Don't try and figure that one out, I certainly can't.

Now I'm off to enjoy the last half hour of aloneness and get on with the rest of the day.

Boo yah!

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Everyone needs time alone. I call it ME time. Glad you got some ME time!